Lists of 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
A postgraduate degree is an important addition to your educational qualifications as it not only helps you gain advanced knowledge but also provides a platform for skill development. Apart from the traditional Master programs, institutes across the world, including that in Canada, offer 1 year or 2 years PG diploma courses for students belonging to different streams. So, if you want to study in Canada, particularly, 2 years PG diploma courses, then here is a blog that will shed light on the same.
About 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
Canada has become a popular destination for PG diploma courses in management specialisations like supply chain management, tourism and hotel management, etc. as well as 2 years PG diploma courses in Mechanical, Computer Science and Civil Engineering. The average fees of PG Diploma courses in Canada ranges 15,164 CAD (9,08,772 INR) -61,200 CAD (36,67,691 INR).
After completing undergraduate studies, you can pursue a postgraduate diploma in Canada, which can help you improve your work prospects in Canada. If you are enrolled in a full-time PG diploma programme, you will be eligible for a one-year post-study work visa. Immigrating to Canada is another option available to overseas candidates pursuing two-year PG diploma programmes. Extra CRS points can be earned by obtaining a PR for Canada after completing your 2-year PG diploma and being placed.
Value of PG Diploma in Canada
Short courses in Canada, such as PG Diplomas and certificates, allow students to gain industry experience while they study. The following are some of the most compelling reasons to pursue a PG Diploma program in Canada:
- PG Diplomas are more career-oriented programs that focus on assisting students in gaining the skills needed in industry and enterprises.
- In Canada, PG Diploma courses allow you to intern while you study, and you can then apply for jobs.
- In Canada, PG Diploma institutions are substantially less expensive than universities. One of the most significant advantages of PG Diploma courses is the cost-effectiveness of schooling overseas.
- PGDM programs have a greater emphasis on career-oriented education rather than research-based education.
Top Colleges in Canada Offering 2 Years PG Diploma Courses
Here are the top colleges to pursue 2 years PG Diploma courses in Canada:
- Centennial College, Ontario
- University of Winnipeg
- North Island College, British Columbia
- College of New Caledonia, British Columbia
- Simon Frasier University
- McMaster University
- Fleming College, Ontario
- Humber College, Ontario
- Lambton College, Ontario
- Fanshawe College, Ontario
- St. Lawrence College, Ontario
2 Years PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management in Canada
Supply chain management is amongst the most popular specialisations for PG diplomas in Canada! Here are the best 2 years PG diploma in Supply Chain Management in Canada:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management-Logistics by Centennial College
- Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management by University of Winnipeg
- Postgraduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management by Humber International Graduate School
- Masters in Supply Chain Management in Canada by:
- York University
- Concordia University Montreal
- HEC Montreal
- SEC College
- University of Manitoba
2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada for Computer Science & Engineering
Want to study PG Diploma Courses in Canada in Engineering or Computer Science? Check out the best 2 years PG Diploma Courses in Canada for Mechanical, Computer Science and Civil Engineering:
|Colleges and Universities||2 years PG Diploma in Canada||Fees per year|
|Centennial College||Postgraduate Diploma in Electromechanical Engineering Technology – Automation and Robotics||9.03 lakhs|
|Centennial College||PG Certificate in Construction Project Management (1 year)||13.5 lakhs|
|Humber College||PG Certificate in Web Development||10.4 lakhs|
|Centennial College||PG Certificate in Software Engineering Technician(1 year)||9.03 lakhs|
|Centennial College||PG Certificate in Cyber Security (1 year)||9.03 lakhs|
|Centennial College||PG Diploma in Computer Systems Technology – Networking||9.03 lakhs|
|University of Winnipeg||PG Diploma in Network Security PG Diploma in Web Development||9.8 lakhs
Try Out The Most Reliable Study Abroad Expert
Are you thinking about studying abroad? However, you have no idea which universities or courses are appropriate for you! Take a look at our Course Finder, which is powered by AI. Fill in the blanks and let AI compare your selections to millions of others. a few data points, and there you have it! You come across just what you’re looking for. Allowing you to save hours of research in a matter of seconds
List of 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
With the expansion of various sectors and their growth and development in large scales due to the advent of globalization, the need for highly skilled professionals across the globe is growing too. Therefore, there are numerous graduate diplomas and certificate courses available in Canada that you can pursue. Here are the top 2 years PG Diploma courses in Canada:
|PG Diploma Courses||Universities/Colleges in Canada|
|Tourism Experience Management
Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
Tourism Destination Development
Managing Festivals and Events
Resort Experience Management
|Thompson Rivers University|
|Computer System Technology – Networking
Energy Systems Engineering Technology
Biotechnology – Advanced (Fast Track)
Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology: Automation and Robotics
Global Business Management
Strategic Management – Accounting
|Clinical Behavioural Sciences||McMaster University|
|Business Administration||Simon Fraser University|
|University of Winnipeg|
|Media Convergence||St. Clair College of Applied Arts & Media Technology|
|Data Analytics||University of the Fraser Valley|
|Human Resources Management||Kwantlen Polytechnic University|
Let’s explore a few more PG Diploma Courses in Canada in detail:
Graduate Certificate in Global Business Management
This course is structured to help you gain more business expertise and develop your managerial skills. It will also help you in developing an appreciation for global trends and cultures. For this course, the minimum IELTS band score is 6.5.
Advanced Diploma in Architectural Technology
This 2 years PG Diploma courses in Canada helps students understand constructional science and understand how to develop their building design skills. This course too requires an IELTS score band of 6.5.
PG Diploma in Information Technology
This course on the list of 2 years PG Diploma courses in Canada requires a minimum IELTS score band of 6.0. This course is designed to help you to understand the different applications of Information Technology like storage, processing, and dissemination of any type and form of data.
PG Diploma in Tourism Management
The growing tourism industry requires more skilled professionals and this is where the 2 years PG diploma courses step in. This course helps you in understanding the different international and regional management and tourism laws. This course too requires a minimum IELTS band of 6.0 score.
Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician
This course is designed to help you professionally install, design, operate, maintain, supervise, and offer to service for electromechanical machines. This 2 years PG diploma course in Canada requires an IELTS band score of 6.5 minimum for admissions.
Why Pursue PG Diploma in Canada?
When it comes to pursuing PGDM in Canada, there are certain advantages in comparison to other countries.
- The 2 year PG Diploma course in Canada is structured for more extensive studies.
- There are opportunities for internships and summer abroad programs.
- These courses are best suited for those having work experience of 0-2 years.
- The advantages of pursuing a 2 year PG diploma course include a maximum of 12-18 months of studying at lesser costs,
- The choice you make depends majorly on your short and long term goals.
When it comes to eligibility criteria for PG Diploma courses in Canada, the colleges and universities have their own specific requirements for their prospective programs. So, to give you a basic overview, we have enlisted the general eligibility requirements you must know about:
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree in a field similar to the PG diploma course they are applying for.
- Some universities might also require GMAT or GRE scores of PG diplomas in Management and GRE scores for graduate diplomas in Science, Engineering or Technology.
- The applicant will also have to provide language proficiency scores of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, etc. along with a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
Difference between 1 and 2 Year PG Diploma Courses
- 1 Year Diploma Courses in Canada: Graduate degrees that last one year and include two to three semesters cost between $10,000 and $15,000 (INR 5,96,045 – INR 8,94,067). One-year postgraduate diploma programmes in Canada offer you with the necessary skills to improve your employability in your chosen sector.
- 2 Year Diploma Courses in Canada: A two-year PG Diploma programme in Canada, consisting of 4-6 semesters, can cost anywhere from 13,000 to 20,000 CAD (INR 8-12 lakhs). You may also create your own two-year PG Diploma programme by combining 2 one-year PGDMs. The main benefit of enrolling in a two-year PG Diploma programme in Canada is that it allows you to work for three years while studying.
PG Diploma in Canada with Scholarships
Some of the institutions in Canada that offer PG Diploma programs also provide scholarships to overseas students. Popular scholarships to study in Canada while getting a PG Diploma are listed below:
- In Canada, international is a big deal. Niagara College offers a scholarship to overseas students having a study permit who enroll in one of their courses. It awards 2000 CAD to the students.
- Scholarships from the Paul Foundation are accessible to all Indian students interested in studying abroad. The applicants will get around 26,900 CAD in financial support.
- Women who want to study abroad can apply for Forktip Women Innovation Scholarships. The award is worth 2,000 CAD.
- Brokerfish International Student Scholarships are given to students to assist them pay for their health insurance. The prize money is 1300 CAD.
Canada Student Visa
To obtain a study permit in Canada, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a certain educational institution (DLI).
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have adequate finances to cover tuition, living expenses, and return transportation costs.
- A qualified candidate must be a law-abiding person with no criminal record who poses no threat to Canada’s national security. Students may also be required to provide a police certificate.
- Applicants must be in excellent health and may be required to produce a valid medical certificate if necessary.
- Applicants must demonstrate to an immigration official that they will depart Canada when their allowed stay expires.
Cheap Diploma Courses in Canada for International Students
There are many Canadian colleges and universities that offer cheap diploma courses for international students ranging from computer science to data science, finance, human resource and more. Here is a list of universities that offer cheap diploma courses in Canada:
- Algonquin College
- Centennial College
- Durham College
- Fanshawe College
- Fleming College
- George Brown College
- Humber College
- The Sheridan College
- Sault College
- Mohawk College
- St. Stephens College
- North Island College
- Luther College
- St. Lawrence College
- Niagara College
- University of Winnipeg
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
Job after 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
As the 2 years PG diploma courses in Canada are very career-oriented, obtaining a job after completing a PG Diploma in Canada will not be difficult. PG diplomas in Canada not only prepare you for jobs in Canada, but they also ensure that you are prepared to work in a worldwide market. Depending on the subject you choose, you can work in related sectors and make good money. Salary for a newbie following a PG Diploma might range from 25,000 to 50,000 CAD (INR 15 Lakhs to 29.8 Lakhs) depending on the sector and employment role attained by a student. Following are some of the most common career roles that students obtain after finishing their PG Diploma in Canada, as well as the salary awarded to them:
|Job Role||Avg. Salaries (CAD/year)|
|Project Manager (IT)||94,000|
Canada houses a bunch of universities offering a variety of PG Diploma courses. PGD courses can be pursue in many specialisations like Business Management, Healthcare Management, Hospitality Management, Science and Technology, etc. However, the most students opt for a PG Diploma in Business as well as Healthcare Management.
Yes. Its is very much possible that you may attain a PR in Canada once you complete a 2- year PG Diploma course in the country. While applying for a PR after getting placed through your PGD course will fetch you some extra CRS points because of Canadian education.
Canada is a land of opportunities. Skilled professionals with reputable educational qualifications like PG Diploma are always in dire need of employers. Also, you will get a chance to participate in numerous job fairs during your course which increases the chances of securing a good job making the decision of pursuing 2 years PG Diploma in Canada a good choice!
A PG Diploma in Canada in prominent fields like Business, Healthcare, Technology, Finance etc will cost you around CAD 18,000- 20,000 (INR 10,00,000-11,50,000) from a leading institution.
Will I get a work permit in Canada after doing a 1-year diploma course from a private college?
Yes, apart from 2 years PG Diploma course in Canada, a work permit can be availed after 1 year of PG courses also but make sure that the course is regular and full-time. The courses that have a minimum duration of 8 months qualify as 1 year PG courses.
Canada has always been amongst the top study abroad destinations. Quality education, Career and research opportunities, expert faculty, easy accommodation; you can tick-mark Canada on all such parameters in your list. Hence, opting to study a PG level course at the country will enhance your knowledge in the chosen field. Along with this, easy PR and work permit policies make the country a favourable choice.
The 2 years PG diploma courses are designed to give you maximum knowledge and better job opportunities. Many students tend to feel confused about whether they should invest in a diploma course or a graduate degree.